Are you looking to settle in the UK?

The North-West of England is becoming increasingly popular amongst immigrants from both inside and outside of the European Union. With the complexities of immigration law and Brexit making application processes more difficult to navigate, AWH – immigration solicitors Manchester are ready to help you with your application.

Our expert immigration solicitors based in the North-West of England arewell equipped and can provide you with a range of services. These can include advice and help with:

  • Joining a family member in the UK
  • Coming to the UK to work
  • Coming to the UK to study
  • Coming to the UK to settle permanently
  • Applying for British citizenship
  • Making an appeal
  • Fast-tracking your application
  • Applying for a visa extension

You may require expert assistance especially with difficult visa applications, such as an application for a spouse visa UK or for discretionary leave to remain.

Can I seek help with UK Settlement, and what would that involve?

A UK settlement visa lets you live, work and study in the UK with almost no future restrictions. This permanent settlement status in the UK, also known as indefinite leave-to-remain, is the most comprehensive and long-term status that you can obtain.You can apply for a UK settlement visa if you have been in the UK for five or more years on a different type of visa, such as a work, study or business visa. You can also apply for a settlement visa if you are from the EEA or Switzerland and have lived here for the same amount of time. Once you’ve lived in the UK for at least a year on a settlement visa, you will be eligible to apply for British citizenship.

You may be able to apply for British citizenship if:

  • You are 18 or over
  • You are considered to be ‘of good character’
  • You will continue to live in the UK
  • You meet the knowledge of English and Life in the UK requirements
  • You meet the residency requirements
  • You have lived in the UK for at least five years and have spent less than 450 days during outside the UK in that time

If you are from the EEA you must have held indefinite leave to remain for at least 12 months before you can apply.

With the growing storm of Brexit, paired with the North facing an immigration housing crisis, having the support of a reputable immigration solicitors is more important than ever for each and every individual case. With the right help to build a case, you will find the application process much simpler, and will also likely be able to avoid any costly appeal process. If you want to apply to come to Britain permanently, it makes perfect sense.

You may not need solicitors by your side throughout the entire application process, you may just need initial advice or maybe you would like someone to just give your application papers a good check before you submit them. This can give you the confidence you need to process your application yourself, knowing that your application is as strong as it can be. AWH Solicitors offer services at any level, matching what’s best for you.